Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Thoughts on Yoga Pants


     Admittedly I've always been a late bloomer. As a result I've always been one step behind trends, whether they be fashion trends, food trends, and so on. So if this topic seems a little dated...my bad. Current events in the news cycle inspired me to bring this topic up for this latest edition of my blog. So here we go.

    Yoga Pants, let me count the ways

     I had no idea how versatile a pair of yoga pants could be. Who knew that they could be used as pajamas, lounge wear, casual wear, work out gear, and also as actual yoga pants. The multiple uses, intended or unintended are quite remarkable.
     Are they the equivalent of men's sweat pants? I don't know. The thing is that I don't know of any man that has more than two pairs of sweats, and frankly sweats don't have the same panache as "Yoga Pants". How many pair of yoga pants does someone own on average? I thought that's a good question so I decided to interview my wife. The answer? Not enough. So how many pair do you own? And how do you use them? I don't usually solicit comments but I would like to hear from those that actually bother to read my rambling.


   Controversy at Schools 

     Recently there was a controversy at a High School in Lake Minnetonka, MN (yes the same one as in Purple Rain) where the principal wanted to ban yoga pants/leggings for students. The issue was that the young ladies wearing the yoga pants were not covering enough of the actual pants, if you know what I mean. My curiosity was peeked so I went to google images to get photos of some yoga pants. The pictures to the right are the tamest images I was able to pull. Most of the images that popped up were of hard bodied woman showing their backside, in the pants, or of young woman taking "selfies" of their butt in the Yoga pants. I'm never one to stand in the way of the freedom, to do what-cha-like, but maybe in this case HS girls can either cover their assets or just stay in jeans. Just sayin.


Men in Yoga Pants?

Ahhh, NO! The end.

This Generations Spandex/Biker Shorts?

     That's right. You that are my age or close to my age remember what I'm talking about. We were the same generation that clowned those unfortunate folks that practiced the illegal use of spandex. You know what I mean.
     So my question is do the same rules apply? I don't care whether they are Lululemon, Nike, or BCG there is always opportunity to abuse the use of Yoga Pants. Question is are you in violation of the use of yoga pants :-)

With that I'll wrap up this edition of my blog. Hope you all have a great week.

http://www.today.com/moms/leggings-pants-cover-your-butts-one-principal-tells-girls-1C7154422

P.S
Fitness update: feeling real good, still working out at least three times per week.

No comments:

Post a Comment